My husband Fernando and I had the opportunity to attend our annual Ward Luau on Sat. 6th in the evening and enjoyed the company of about 140+ guests at an amazing dinner feast and Polynesian dance show, complete with a whole pig (sorry to those Kosher!) that had been cooking underground for a whole day! We also attended last year's event but enjoyed this year's even more.
A family from our ward has hosted the Luau at their home for most of the 26 years it has been put on and guests pitch in by helping set-up tables, chairs, the stage for the dancers, lighting, sound, and bringing side dishes and dessert.
After everyone serves themselves and eats buffet style, the music begins and we are treated to an amazing show of Pacific Islander singing, dancing and festivity. The talent is truly amazing!
We loved sitting and talking with some of our friends from church while we enjoyed the show.
Some of the highlights included the Slap Dance which my friend Vicky thought her husband should display for her.....he later confirmed to me that he did not, however. The fire dance was quite a hit too!
Guests are always invited to try out the moves: the girls get to move those hips and the guys get to shake those knees. I really enjoyed watching others this time around.....Last year I was unfortunately picked to go onstage with a young, cute, skirted dancer....it was very embarrassing.
All in all, it was a refreshing evening out and Fern and I went home with full tummies and a great desire to visit the Islands.....

1 comment:
Let me know when you want to go to the islands and I will follow you there :) I just can't get enough of that place!
Post a Comment